Things Working Out in Buffalo

Corinne Kenwood
Software Engineer, Moog

As a runner and exercise enthusiast, Corinne is always on the move.

And so was her family growing up—bouncing from town to town, settling eventually in Milwaukee. So, after college at Cornell, she was open to move almost anywhere.

“I knew I didn’t want to do Silicon Valley,” said Corinne. “I wanted something midsized. I wanted something affordable, but still young and exciting.” ​

That’s when she found Moog at a career fair-- a company that was already employing a few of her old Cornell classmates. Today, she’s been with the company for over two years as a software engineer.

“There’s a really good culture here. A great focus on mentorship and helping people grow. The people I work with have made for a good transition in moving.”

And that culture has extended beyond the office. She’s in a few recreational sports leagues with coworkers turned friends. On the weekends, they love to try new cuisines around the city and cook some of their own creations. And she always makes time for relaxing by reading, knitting, and solving crossword puzzles back at her apartment.

An apartment in Buffalo, which Corinne now considers home. ​

Why do you love your job?

I work in an Innovation Group, working on autonomy and perception. It’s great working in a fun, small, and agile group with constantly exciting projects. Things are always changing and challenging and rewarding. ​

How have you found your 'herd' in Buffalo?

I’ve met so many great people through work and outside activities. I do yoga at Power Yoga Buffalo and swim with the Buffalo Triathlon Club and play some rec league sports. ​

Contact Us

257 West Genesee St., Ste 600

Buffalo, New York 14202

Call: 1.800.916.9073

info@buffaloniagara.org

Helpful Links

Send Us a Message